Sunday, May 08, 2005

"I haven't been gone very long, but it feels like a lifetime."

Its seven AM on Sunday morning. I’m standing in the subway station in the lower east side waiting for the F train to take me to Grand Central Station. My eyes are blood shot from a lack of sleep. My hair is ratted and sticky because the lead singer of the giraffes threw a drink on my head last night at the show. My stomach is churning and I feel like I could vomit because I ate some Korean food with beef and Kimche from a street vender at three AM. My ears are still ringing because I haven’t heard quite in days and I am beginning to forget what it sounds like. Some strange man with sunglasses is staring at me, and its making me nervous. But all I can do is smile and laugh to myself because I just had the most unbelievable time in New York with Rick Baca and some guy named the Saucy Cowboy.