Friday, April 22, 2005

GIRRRL....Ba Bum Bum Bum...you'll be a woman soon!

Top ten signs I think I am growing out of my Tomboy phase:

10 – the pants I wear are getting less and less baggy
9 – I like to paint my toe nails
8 – getting dressed up to go to a show means putting a skirt and heals instead of combat boots and jeans
7– wearing heals is fun and I am falling less and less
6 – the black eye liner is for style not to make me look tough
5 – I hate to admit it, but pink really isn’t such a bad color
4 - shopping with Anne at Lord and Taylor
3 – I get a kick out of wearing pretty/sexy underwear
2 – I am so excited to hang out with “the girls” tonight

and the #1 reason why I am growing out of my Tomboy phase:

I finally figured out the function of a purse!

(Don’t worry…I am NOT getting rid of my combat boots. And even though I menstruate…I can still skate!)


Top ten reasons why my new hang out is the Monkey Bean:

10 – locally owned and operated
9 – very cool atmosphere perfect for studying
8 – a couch, or if you prefer, retro tables and chairs
7 – The Damned was playing on the stereo yesterday
6 – FREE internet
5 – bubble tea
4 - its closer to Anne’s house (so she can meet me there)
3 – MONKIES everywhere
2 – homemade rice crispy treats for only 89 cents

and the #1 reason the Monkey Bean is my new hang out…

No fantasy crush baristas!