Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Pretty Awesome Mamma

All girls my age have an idol. From Brittney Spears to Virginia Wolfe, we all have someone we look up to and long to have just ten minutes in her shoes. My idol is a girl named Pam. She works for the united states postal service as a mail carrier. She drives a scooter. She has been to more cool shows than humanly imaginable. I heard she once made out with the lead singer of the Cramps. Last night I went to the larimer lounge to see a Japanese punk band called Guitar Wolf. Pam was there. We had a conversation about music. It was awesome.

Yesterday at the Perk, I picked up a free magazine about music called Hyperactive. I picked it up because there was an article about DeVotcKa . In the interview Bill Nevins asks Nick "So who are your fans? Then, do you have a pretty good idea?" To which Nick replies, "Hopeless romantics. I notice a lot of them, and I can tell, being one myself."

I'm going to see them tommorrow night at the gothic. Seeing how Nick is watching, I think its a perfect excuse to wear my heels.