Sunday, February 20, 2005

there is a first time for everthing

Nothing is worse than stressing out over broken plans! I am testing a new theory...its called the "things will fix themselves" theory. Instead of stressing out about not getting my way, I will just be content and let things fix themselves. My friend collin told me last night that his grandma used to tell him "everything that has happened up to this moment has happened for a reason." And if thats true, then everything that will happen will be for a reason, and that reason probably isn't always consistent with the picture in my head of how life should be. If life worked like that, there would be no suprizes, and that's just boring. The appeal of time travel is seeming less and less tempting. Why would I want to live in the future? I love having plans because it gives me soemthing to look forward to, but I am realizing that plans are just a distraction from living in the moment. And there is nothing worse that stressing out over broken plans!