Wednesday, January 26, 2005

How to eat a veggie burger with chop sticks:

All my life I have hated the idea of labels. "Don't label me! You don't know me! A label only limits who I am! So don't label me!" But, inevitably everyone has labels placed on them. When I was in high school, I was "Phil's little sister." Phil is my much cooler older brother. Then for a period I was a "Christian," and then a "punk" and then a "skater punk" and then a "straight edge skater punk." Luckily, I realized last night that I am not punk...I'm really just a big nerd. And I have been trying to denie this fact, but now I am beggining to embrace it. There are several things that qualify me as a nerd:

1) I was a member of the chess team in high school. I was also a participant in the international science fair.
2) If I wear my pants at my natural waiste line people ask me "where's the flood?"
3) I find other nerds attractive.
4) My physics professor was my idol in college.
5) I live alone with two cats, and I know how to sew.
6) My mom gave me all her old Donovan records, and I LOVE them.

That's all I can think of right now...but you get the point.

(I hope someday someone reads my blog. I feel kinda silly writing all this nonsense just for myself.)

Tonight for dinner I ate a veggie burger with chop sticks. I don't know if that qualifies as nerdy or creative.

-LUCCY